Monday, May 5, 2008

Local Eating, Local Reading

I found an organic produce co-op near me and I am so excited to start getting produce! I have ordered the book Simply in Season and I am anxious to get started on using the fruits and vegetables that are actually in season right now. A group of people up here "on the mountain" take turns picking the produce up so we are not all driving every week. People working together for a common goal is a very good thing!

Another very good thing is the little bookstore in my town. Teri, you know which one. :>) I have set foot in it exactly one time in the 7 years I have lived here! Why I have been preferring to drive 40 minutes to Barnes and Noble is beyond me. There is a decent selection in there and practically any book I want can be ordered.

The kids and I can walk to the bookstore. It's not exactly a short jaunt, but a 3 mile walk is good for them(and me) right? I envision us taking our weekly walk to pick up our mail and peruse the bookstore. The price of gas has definitely spurred me on to think outside the box. And now I am able think outside of the "big box" store!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love that bookstore. Even if you wrote this ages ago, I hope you see this and know that I miss that place - and you!!!

qifei2012 said...

Most people are living in an active, occupied earth were many people are continuously in motion. It can be difficult to locate the perfect time to physical exercise frequently if you have a hectic timetable. You will be just one mommy who seem to operates 50 time every week or maybe a fresh older who has a position and also energetic self confidence. Whoever you are, there will be hard to find plenty of time to enter into a superb workout, at the least 4x each week 90 day workout. And here , Tony a2z Horton 15 minutes workout private coach will come in Wholesale p90x workout. Requires Ten mins per day to penetrate the full exercise session p90x.

apostolicbible said...

Aww!! I have visit your blog. So Cute!! Thanks for providing us a useful knowledge from your blog.Apostolic School of Theology is an institute of Hope International University serving the educational needs of Apostolic and completely online from all over the U.S. and Canada. Get an accredited college degree.
Please visit on these keywords also:-- apostolic | apostolic colleges | apostolic college | apostolic bible college | apostolic bible colleges

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

Very happy with product - much higher quality than I expected and surprised wholesale jerseys as high quality as an actual jersey. wholesale soccer jerseys

where to find cheap jerseys

A great supplier in China where can i get cheap jerseys